Chocolate Marzipan Truffles
Yield: 1 1/2 pounds
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 pound marzipan
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1/4 cup cocoa (for coating)
- Melt chocolate, and remove from heat.
- Crumble marzipan into a large bowl. Beat in the melted chocolate to form a smooth paste. Blend in the hazelnuts and amaretto.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until thick but not firm.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop up the mixture and roll it into 1-inch balls. Roll each truffle in cocoa powder until well coated.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm before serving.