Chocolate Truffle Cups
Yield: 6 servings
- 5 ounces white chocolate baking bar
- 3 tablespoons ground toasted almonds
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken up
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 6 pieces chocolate or white-chocolate lace dessert decorations for garnish,* (optional)
- For cups, arrange 6 foil cupcake liners in muffin tins for support. In inverted cover of a TupperWave™ Stack Cooker, place white chocolate baking bar. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes until bar begins to melt. Stir to melt completely, then stir
in almonds. Spoon one rounded tablespoon of the mixture into each of the 6 cups. Using a Tupperware Sandwich Spreader, spread mixture evenly on bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Chill cups until hardened, about l hour.
- While cups are chilling, prepare filling: Place egg yolk in a Thatsa™ Bowl Jr.
- In a TupperWare™ 3 quart casserole, place the semisweet chocolate, 1/2 cup heavy cream and the butter. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot (do not let it boil). Using a Tupperware Double-Sided Spatula, gradually stir about 1/2 of the hot chocolate mixture into the egg yolk. Return all the egg yolk-chocolate mixture to the casserole and cook on MEDIUM (50% power) for 30 seconds to 1 minute until mixture is just hot. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons heavy cream.
- Cover and chill until mixture is smooth and thickened, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. (If butter separates out, it will blend again when mixture is stirred.)
- With electric mixer at medium speed, beat the chilled chocolate mixture until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Spoon or pipe the chocolate mixture into the chilled candy cups.
- Chill filled cups 2 to 24 hours.
- To serve, let cups stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Garnish, if desired with lace decorations.
Per serving: 452 cal.; 5g pro.; 35g fat; 32g carb.; 88mg sodium
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 11/20/2001 7:42 pm