Chocolate Truffles with Variations
- 3 (6 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate chips (1 1/2 300g bags)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (300ml)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Finely chopped nuts
- Flaked coconut
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Colored sprinkles
- Unsweetened cocoa or colored sugar
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk. Remove
from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in any of the above coatings. Chill 1 hour or until
- Store covered at room temperature.
Microwave Instructions: in 1-quart glass measure, combine chips and sweetened condensed
milk. Microwave on full power (HIGH) 3 minutes, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir
until smooth. Proceed as above.
Amaretto: Omit vanilla extract. Add 3 tablespoons amaretto or other almond
flavored liqueur and 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract. Roll in finely chopped toasted
Orange: Omit vanilla extract. Add 3 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur. Roll
in finely chopped almonds mixed with finely grated orange rind.
Rum: Omit vanilla extract. Add 1/4 cup dark rum. Roll in flaked coconut.
Bourbon: Omit vanilla extract. Add 3 tablespoons bourbon. Roll in finely
chopped toasted nuts.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.