- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- Chocolate shot, nonpareil decors or cocoa
- In top of double boiler melt chocolate chips with milk. Beat with electric beater
until smooth. Continue beating the chocolate as the egg yolks are added, one at
a time. Continue beating the chocolate as the egg yolks are added, one at a time.
Remove pan from hot water and beat in butter, a few pieces at a time, until completely
blended. Continue beating 2 or 3 more minutes. Add brandy, if desired.
- Let chocolate sit for 4 to 5 hours to cool.
- Chocolate may be cooled more quickly by placing in refrigerator.
- When workable, roll into balls about the size of large marbles. Roll in chocolate
shot, colored candy dots or cocoa to coat.
- Serve in tiny paper cups.
Yields 50 truffles.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.