Yield: 50 truffles
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- Chocolate shot, nonpareil decors or cocoa
- In top of double boiler melt chocolate chips with milk. Beat with electric beater until smooth. Continue beating the chocolate as the egg yolks are added, one at a time. Continue beating the chocolate as the egg yolks are added, one at a time. Remove pan from hot water and beat in butter, a few pieces at a time, until completely blended. Continue beating 2 or 3 more minutes. Add brandy, if desired.
- Let chocolate sit for 4 to 5 hours to cool.
- Chocolate may be cooled more quickly by placing in refrigerator.
- When workable, roll into balls about the size of large marbles. Roll in chocolate shot, colored candy dots or cocoa to coat.
- Serve in tiny paper cups.