Orange Marzipan Almond Truffles
This recipe is gluten-free.
This simple recipe will make a confectioner out of any home cook. Gently knead
our Love’n Bake® Marzipan with orange rind, which gives the paste a hint of citrus
flavor. Divide it into small morsels, roll them into balls then dip them in melted
chocolate and chopped almonds. You can add a teaspoon or two of your favorite flavoring:
vanilla, rose water or orange liqueur would be delicious. Use lemon or lime zest
to change the flavor profile slightly. These keep well and are lovely as homemade
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 to 12 ounces quality bittersweet chocolate such as couverture chocolate
- Toasted almonds, coarsely chopped, as needed
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 (10-ounce) can Love’n Bake® Marzipan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange liqueur, brandy or vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place the chopped toasted almonds on a dinner plate. Set aside.
- While the chocolate is melting, knead the orange rind and liqueur or vanilla
into the marzipan by hand or in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a metal paddle.
Shape the Love’n Bake® Marzipan into small uniform balls using a teaspoon or small
scoop and place them on the paper-lined baking sheet.
- One at a time, dip the marzipan balls into the melted chocolate then roll the
coated marzipan in the chopped almonds.
- Place the truffles on the paper-lined baking sheet and allow the chocolate to
Yield: Approximately 32 truffles
Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Substitute lemon or lime rind for the orange rind. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons flavoring
such as vanilla extract, raspberry or orange liqueur or rosewater to the marzipan
in place of the citrus rind.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Love’n Bake® - American Almond Products
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Truffle Recipes