Orange Marzipan Almond Truffles
This recipe is gluten-free.
This simple recipe will make a confectioner out of any home cook. Gently knead
our Love’n Bake® Marzipan with orange rind, which gives the paste a hint of citrus
flavor. Divide it into small morsels, roll them into balls then dip them in melted
chocolate and chopped almonds. You can add a teaspoon or two of your favorite flavoring:
vanilla, rose water or orange liqueur would be delicious. Use lemon or lime zest
to change the flavor profile slightly. These keep well and are lovely as homemade
- 8 to 12 ounces quality bittersweet chocolate such as couverture chocolate
- Toasted almonds, coarsely chopped, as needed
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 (10-ounce) can Love’n Bake® Marzipan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange liqueur, brandy or vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place the chopped toasted almonds on a dinner plate. Set aside.
- While the chocolate is melting, knead the orange rind and liqueur or vanilla
into the marzipan by hand or in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a metal paddle.
Shape the Love’n Bake® Marzipan into small uniform balls using a teaspoon or small
scoop and place them on the paper-lined baking sheet.
- One at a time, dip the marzipan balls into the melted chocolate then roll the
coated marzipan in the chopped almonds.
- Place the truffles on the paper-lined baking sheet and allow the chocolate to
Yield: Approximately 32 truffles
Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Substitute lemon or lime rind for the orange rind. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons flavoring
such as vanilla extract, raspberry or orange liqueur or rosewater to the marzipan
in place of the citrus rind.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Love’n Bake® - American Almond Products