- 1 tablespoon butter (NO SUBSTITUTES)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 1/2 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 6 ounces white or dark chocolate candy coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, cream and chocolate chips. Cook over low
heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in jam until combined.
- Transfer to a small freezer container; cover and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonsful onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls; freeze until very firm.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt candy coating and shortening, stirring
- Cool slightly; spoon over balls.
- Place on a wire rack over wax paper.
- Let stand for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yield: 4 dozen