- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 1/3 cups almonds, toasted, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whole pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- Combine chocolate chips and butter and melt over low heat.
- Add brandy, stirring well.
- Add 1/2 cup almonds and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls, and roll in remaining almonds.
- Store Texas Truffles in the refrigerator.