Toasted Almond Truffles
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds,
toasted after chopping
- Combine evaporated milk and sugar in a small, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium
heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and almond extract until chocolate
chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Chill for 45 minutes.
- Shape into 30 (1-inch) balls. Roll in chopped almonds.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Yield: 30 (1-inch) balls