Toasted Coconut Truffles
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut,
finely chopped and toasted
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, vanilla extract and water; beat with a hand mixer
- Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover
and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt candy coating, stirring often.
- Dip balls into coating; place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with
- Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Yield: about 5 1/2 dozen