Amaretto Peach Pecan Preserves
This makes great holiday gifts!
his is best if allowed to mellow in the jars for two weeks before serving.
- 2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup water (more if needed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- In a heavy, non-reactive saucepan combine raisins and water and let raisins soak
until they plump.
- Cut peaches into halves or quarters and combine them with the plumped raisins
- Add zest and heat mixture to simmering until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in orange and lemon juices and return to a boil.
- Add sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring very frequently with a flat bottom wooden
spoon, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Test Mixture: Put a spoonful on a chilled saucer and let it cool; when saucer
is held on edge, the surface of the jam should wrinkle.
- Add the pecans and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Amaretto. Ladle into hot, clean canning jars, leaving
1/4-inch head space. Seal with new two-piece lids according to manufacturer's directions and process for 10 minutes in a
boiling water bath.
- Cool, label, and store.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.