- 15 medium-size apples
- 1 1/2 quarts cider
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash and slice firm tart apples; no need to remove core just seed and peel.
- Add cider and boil for 15 minutes or until apples are mushy.
- Press through sieve (should be about 3 quarts pulp).
- Gently boil pulp for 1 hour or until it begins to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in spices and continue cooking slowly for 3 hours or until thickened. Stir
- Pour into hot sterilized jars. Leave 1/4-inch headspace. Seal.
Makes 3 1/2 pints.