Apple Pie Filling
- 4 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Peel and slice enough apples to fill 7 (1-quart) jars.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add water, then cook until
thick. Add lemon juice. Pour cooked mixture over the apples in the jars. Seal and
process in hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- To make pie: Add 1/2 cup sugar, if desired, to 1 quart of apple pie filling.
Place in unbaked pie shell, cover with top crust, then bake as usual.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.