Apple Pie Filling
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Peel and slice enough apples to fill 7 (1-quart) jars.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add water, then cook until
thick. Add lemon juice. Pour cooked mixture over the apples in the jars. Seal and
process in hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- To make pie: Add 1/2 cup sugar, if desired, to 1 quart of apple pie filling.
Place in unbaked pie shell, cover with top crust, then bake as usual.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes