- 4 cups unsweetened apple cider
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sure-Jell Light pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Prepare canning jars according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pour cider and tequila into a large, heavy saucepan.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl. Stir in the Sure-Jell Light,
- Add the Sure-Jell Light mixture and the butter to the cider. Bring the liquid
to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Quickly stir in the remaining sugar, and bring the mixture back to a full rolling
boil again, continuing to stir. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove pan from the heat. Skim off any foam.
- Fill prepared jars to within 1/8 inch of their tops. Process them in a water
bath according to the manufacturer's directions, at least 10 minutes. The jelly
may take several hours to set.