Apricot Jalapeno Preserves
- 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 1 large red bell pepper,
stem and seeds removed
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
- 4 drops red food color
- Put jalapenos, bell pepper and vinegar in blender. Puree until coarsely ground
and small chunks remain.
- Combine apricots, sugar and jalapeno mixture in large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; skim off any foam that forms. Allow mixture to cool for 2 minutes.
- Mix in pectin (and food coloring if desired).
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal, and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Yield: 3 pints