This puree is thinned with ice water (to suit your taste) when served as a drink.
- Apricots, pitted and sliced
- Boiling water
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Granulated sugar
- Measure prepared fruit into a large pot and add 1 cup boiling water to each quart
of fruit. Simmer fruit in water until it is soft.
- Press fruit and water through a fine sieve or put through a food mill.
- Measure the nectar into a large pot, add sugar to taste, and add 1 tablespoon
lemon juice to each quart of nectar, if desired. Reheat to dissolve sugar.
- Pour into clean, hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal. Use half-pint or
pint jars only. Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 1/4 quarts prepared fruits and 3 1/4 cups water yield approximately
9 pints nectar