Banana Nut Bread Jam
- 10 ripe bananas, pureed (need 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups toasted walnuts, minced
- 1 box pectin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Mix bananas, walnuts, lemon juice and powdered pectin in large kettle. Stir while
bringing to a full rolling boil.
- All at once add sugars. Stirring continuously, heat until full rolling boil.
Continue to heat 1 minute.
- Fill jars to 1/4 inch of top seat with two-part lid and ring.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Yield: about 3 pints