- 3 1/2 pounds Bing cherries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups brandy
- Rinse, stem and pit cherries. Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan.
Heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour 1/4 cup syrup into clean, hot jar.
- Fill jars with cherries.
- Add 1/4 cup brandy and more syrup as necessary to fill each jar, leaving 1/2-inch
- Process in a boiling water bath 20 minutes.
Yield: 5 pints
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.