- 2 1/2 pounds peeled and diced cantaloupe
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 peel of tangerine or orange
- Place cantaloupe covered with sugar in a covered bowl and put in refrigerator
for 24 hours.
- Drain the cantaloupe, pouring off the sugar and liquid in a large saucepan. Bring
to a boil over medium flame and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add diced cantaloupe, vanilla extract and peel. Insert candy thermometer and
simmer, stirring occasionally until the thermometer reaches jelly temperature.
into sterilized jars; seal with wax and store in cool place.
Yield: about 2 pints