- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups champagne
or dry white wine
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Thoroughly mix pectin and water in large saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat
and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and immediately add
champagne and sugar. Keep mixture just below boiling and stir until sugar is dissolved,
about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Skim off foam with metal spoon if necessary.
- Pour quickly into
hot sterilized half-pint jars. Seal at once with 1/8-inch hot paraffin or canning
- Serve with poultry or meat.
Yield: about 6 half-pints