Cherry Almond Jelly
- 3 1/2 cups cherry juice (Cherry Juicy Juice works fine)
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 box pectin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (I used a little extra )
- Bring 1 cup cherry juice, vanilla and almond extract to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add remaining juice and pectin and return to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour up in jars, seal, and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Yield: 5 cups
If you like maraschino cherries, you'll love this super easy recipe. Am going
to plant cherry trees so I'll have my own juice, but until then . . .
Posted by ginnyo at Recipe Goldmine May 30, 2001
Source: The Canning Board - Canning and Preserving the Harvest by Eulaine