Cherry Almond Jelly
If you like maraschino cherries, you'll love this super easy recipe.
- 3 1/2 cups cherry juice (Cherry Juicy Juice works fine)
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 box pectin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (I used a little extra )
- Bring 1 cup cherry juice, vanilla and almond extract to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add remaining juice and pectin and return to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour up in jars, seal, and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Yield: 5 cups
Am going to plant cherry trees so I'll have my own juice, but until then . . .
Posted by ginnyo at Recipe Goldmine May 30, 2001
Source: The Canning Board - Canning and Preserving the Harvest by Eulaine
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.