Cherry Rum Preserves
- 4 pounds dark sweet cherries
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- Prepare six 8-ounce jars.
- Wash, stem and pit cherries.
- In heavy saucepan, combine cherries and sugar and cook over low heat for 1 1/2
hours. Watch carefully and stir often.
- Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes and stir in rum.
- Pack cherries into prepared jars. Cover and seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Store in cool dark place for 1 month before using.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.