Chocolate Raspberry Jam
- 6 cups prepared fruit (about 7 pints fresh raspberries)
- 3 squares unsweetened
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 box Sure Jel (for lower sugar recipes
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine or butter
- Crush berries thoroughly, 1 cup at a time. If using frozen berries, use both
liquid and solids; they all were part of the original fresh berry. (Sieve 1/2 of
the pulp to remove some seeds if desired. You can sieve it all if preparing for
those with dental problems. Removing seeds causes waste, so be sure you have enough
- Measure 6 cups of crushed fruit into 6- or 8-quart heavy saucepan. Break the
chocolate squares into smaller pieces and add them to saucepan.
- Measure sugar into separate bowl.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar from measured amount with pectin in small bowl.
- Stir pectin-sugar mixture into fruit in saucepan. Add butter. Bring quickly to
full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim foam and ladle into pint or half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-inch
headspace and process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.
Posted by ginnyo at Recipe Goldmine 9/4/2001 9:29 am
Source: Procrastinators Gifts