Cowboy Tomato Jam
This makes great holiday gifts! It is great served over a block of cream cheese as an appetizer.
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon zested fresh ginger
- 1 whole jalapeno, minced*
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
* Remove the white membrane, but use the seeds if you like it hot.
- Combine all ingredients in a deep saucepan. Cook over low heat until
the sugar dissolves, stirring often.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, continuing to stir, for several
- Increase heat and boil until temperature reaches 220 degrees F on a
- Fill sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace for food expansion.
Seal immediately, and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water bath and let set for 12-24 hours without moving.
- Label and store in a cool, dry place.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.