This makes a beautiful Christmas season hors d'oeuvre when used in combination
with Jalapeno Jelly.
- 6 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups
- Red food coloring
- Seed the peppers and grind them coarsely. Put the peppers into a large bowl,
add the salt, cover, and let stand overnight.
- Drain off about half of the liquid, pour the peppers into a heavy saucepan, and
add the vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 1
hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add red food coloring, a few drops at a time, to make the
jam bright red.
- Cool slightly, stirring occasionally, and spoon into sterilized jars.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.