Drunken Cranberry Sauce
Although this sauce isn't canned, it will keep at least two weeks in the
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in an 8-inch square pan, and
cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the cranberries have softened and become
- Uncover the pan, and immediately stir in the bourbon. The alcohol will evaporate,
leaving just the liquor's warm, smoky essence.
- Refrigerate the sauce, covered, until ready to serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.