Drunken Cranberry Sauce
Although this sauce isn't canned, it will keep at least two weeks in the
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in an 8-inch square pan, and
cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the cranberries have softened and become
- Uncover the pan, and immediately stir in the bourbon. The alcohol will evaporate,
leaving just the liquor's warm, smoky essence.
- Refrigerate the sauce, covered, until ready to serve.