Dutch Apple Pie Jam
- 1 pound tart green apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 pouch Certo liquid fruit pectin
- Peel, core and finely chop enough apples to measure 2 cups. Place in Dutch oven
with raisins, water, lemon juice, cinnamon and allspice. Stir in sugars and butter
- Place Dutch over over high heat and stir until it comes to a full boil. Boil
hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and immediately stir in
liquid fruit pectin. Bring to full rolling boil and boil hard for one minute, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir and skim foam for 5 minutes to prevent floating fruit. Pour quickly into
sterilized jars, filling up to 1/2 in from the rim. Seal while hot with sterilized
two-piece lids with new centers.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.