Farm Stand Peach Jam
- 8 cups pitted peeled, chopped, slightly mashed peaches
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Sterilize the jars, rings and lids according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the peaches and lemon juice to a
- Add the pectin and return the mixture to a boil.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add the sugar.
- Stir in the crystallized ginger, fresh ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, allspice
and lemon zest and continue to boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and skim any foam from the top of the jam.
- Carefully pour the jam into the sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch space between
the jam and the neck of the jar.
- Cover with the lids and screw the bands on.
- Seal the jars according to manufacturer's directions.
Yield: 6 pints