- Figs (not too ripe)
- Corn syrup (optional)
- Few slices lemon
- Wash figs thoroughly. Cover with water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and use
this water to make a thin syrup. Boil figs 5 minutes in syrup. If a sweeter product
is desired, make a heavy syrup with water and sugar and combine equal parts of heavy
syrup with corn syrup.
- Add a few slices of lemon to syrup and boil figs for 5 minutes.
- Pack into jars to within 1/2 inch of top with precooking syrup.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process: Pints for 30 minutes in boiling water bath; quarts for 30 minutes in
boiling water bath.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.