Freezer Peach Jam
- 4 cups peeled, crushed fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Measure peaches into a large kettle and add lemon juice. While stirring, slowly
add pectin. Let stand 20 minutes; stir every 5 minutes to blend pectin with fruit.
Add syrup and blend well; add sugar and blend well.
- Cook over low heat until just warm to the touch (about 100 degrees F). Do not
allow mixture to become hot. Pour jam into jars to within 1/2-inch of top. Cover
jars at once. Let stand until "jellied."
- Store in freezer until ready to use. Keep in refrigerator once jar has been opened.
Yield: 8 half-pints.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at Recipe Goldmine 8/7/2001, 3:47 pm
Source: National Peach Commission