Grand Marnier Marmalade
- 2 cups thinly-sliced kumquats
- 2 cups navel oranges, seeded and chopped
- 7 cups water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3/4 cup Grand Marnier
equal to cooked fruit
- Place kumquats, oranges, and water in glass bowl. Cover and let stand in a cool
place for 12 hours.
- Pour fruit mixture into a medium saucepan and bring to a full, rolling boil over
high heat. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon and Grand Marnier. Measure this mixture and
add equal amount of sugar. Again bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently,
for about 30 minutes.
- When mixture begins to gel, remove from heat and immediately pour into hot sterilized
jars. Vacuum seal.
Yield: 6 1/2 pint jars