Green Tomato-Blueberry Jam
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, stemmed*
- 4 large green tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 3 (1.75 ounce) packs fruit pectin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pulse blueberries and chopped tomato in a blender or food processor 3 or 4 times
until mixture is almost smooth.
- Cook blueberry mixture, 1 1/2 cups water, and sugar in Dutch oven over medium
hear, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in fruit pectin and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook stirring
constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Pour hot mixture into hot jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles;
wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.
Yield: 5 pints | Prep: 35 min | Cook 10 min | Process 10 minutes
* 5 cups frozen blueberries thawed, may be substituted.
Posted by Tweetycook at Recipe Goldmine 6/26/01 5:47:11 pm
Source: Southern Living July 2001