Green Tomato Relish
- 6 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, chopped
- 12 green tomatoes, chopped
- 6 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/4 box whole mixed pickling spice
- Soak peppers, tomatoes, onions and salt overnight in water to cover. Drain and
- In a pot place sugar, vinegar, turmeric and spices tied in cheesecloth.
Bring to a boil.
- Add drained vegetables. Return to a boil.
- Spoon into jars and seal.
Yield: 6 pints
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.