Canning and Preserving Recipes
Ground Cherry Jam
- 8 cups ground cherries (husked)
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- Husk and wash the ground cherries carefully. Measure the sugar and water into a large kettle. Bring to a full rolling boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the cherries, lemon rinds, and juice. Bring to a full rolling boil again, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover with a clean towel, and let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day, return to the heat, and again bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook gently until transparent (about 15 minutes).
- Immediately pour into hot, sterilized glasses; seal at once.