Kiwi Daiquiri Jam
- 2 cups prepared kiwi fruit (8-9 medium kiwis)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 package fruit pectin
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 5-6 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 4 (1/2-pint) jars
- Peel and mash kiwi fruit. Measure 2 cups. Combine kiwi, pineapple juice and lime
in a large deep saucepan.
- Gradually add the fruit pectin, stirring until dissolved.
Bring mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar, return to a full boil.
Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir and skim foam using a metal spoon.
- Stir in rum and food coloring.
- Ladle jam into sterilized jars, leaving a 1/4 inch of headspace.
- Wipe jars and place on the lids and screw bands.
- Place jars back into the canner and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars and allows to cool for 24 hours.