Make up a batch of this spicy condiment and keep it on hand to liven up your
table. It goes well with chicken, pork, lamb and curry.
- 6 navel oranges
- 12 fresh kumquats or 1 (10 ounce) jar preserved kumquats
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Cut the unpeeled oranges into 1/4-inch slices, and cut the slices into 6 or 8
- Cut the kumquats into 1/4-inch slices.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate
heat, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring
- Ladle into clean jars and seal.
Yield: about 5 cups
Will keep refrigerated for up to 4 weeks.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes