- 2 1/4 cups bottled apple juice (the clearest you can find)
- 1 cup lavender flowers
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 (4 ounce) bottle liquid pectin
- Place apple juice and lavender in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and remove
from the heat. Let stand for 15 minutes, then strain.
- Return 2 cups of this juice to the heat, add the sugar, and stirring constantly,
bring to a full boil. Stir in the liquid pectin and bring to a rolling boil for
1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, skim off the foam, and pour into jelly glasses with a sprig
of jelly in each glass and seal.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Yield: about 5 medium glasses
Source: The Forgotten Art of Flower Cookery
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes