- 10 limes
- 12 cups cold water
- 12 cups granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- With a very sharp paring knife, remove the outer green peel of the limes. Slice
the peel into paper-thin strips and set aside.
- Slice the lime pulp very thinly and remove any seeds. Discard end slices. Measure
the peel and the lime slices (you should have 4 cups) and cover with the cold water.
Allow this mixture to soak overnight.
- The next day, place limes and liquid in an 8-quart or larger pot over moderate
heat and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until the lime rind is tender.
- Remove from heat and measure the cooked mixture. You should have 12 cups. Add
sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves. Boil rapidly, stirring
frequently, until the marmalade reaches the jell point.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle into clean, hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
Yield: 11 half pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes