- 8 cups peeled and chopped ripe mango
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place mangoes in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently,
until mangoes are very soft. (Since mangoes are usually very juicy, you needn't
add any water unless the mixture starts to stick; then add up to 1/2 cup, a little
at a time, as necessary.)
- When the mangoes are cooked, remove from heat; puree in a blender or food processor,
working carefully in batches.
- Return puree to pan. Add sugar, ginger, lime zest, lime juice and cinnamon; mix
well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower heat and cook, stirring frequently,
until very thick, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; immediately pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch
- Cap and process in a 10-minute boiling water bath.
Yield: 4 ( 1/2-pint) jars
Approximate nutrition information per tablespoon: 56 calories; trace fat
(1 percent calories from fat); no cholesterol; trace protein; 15g carbohydrate;
0.5g fiber; 4mg sodium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes