- 3 1/2 cups sliced mangoes
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped ginger root
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 small dried chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves, tied in a cheesecloth bag
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Combine mangoes and sugars, stir well, and let stand overnight.
- Drain mangoes in a colander, reserving syrup.
- In a heavy saucepan combine the vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, chiles and cloves
with the syrup. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecloth bag of cloves. Add mangoes and raisins and simmer for 20 minutes
- Spoon into sterilized jars and seal.
- Store in a cool place.
DO NOT DOUBLE THIS RECIPE.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes