Microwave Cactus Jelly
- 2 1/2 cups prickly pear cactus fruit juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 box powdered pectin
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- In a 2- or 3-quart glass measure or casserole, combine cactus juice and pectin.
Stir until pectin is dissolved. Cook on high, uncovered, for 7 to 14 minutes or
until boiling, stirring every 3 minutes. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice. Gradually stir in sugar until blended. Cook on high for 5 to
7 minutes or until mixture returns to a boil. Stir every 2 minutes to prevent a
boil-over. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Skim foam from top.
- Pour into hot sterilized 1/2 pint jars.
- Cover with hot sterilized lids and screw bands. Invert jar and quickly return
to upright position.
Yield: 6 cups jelly
If you pick your own fruit and make the juice, the cost can be approximately
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.