Microwave Cactus Jelly
- 2 1/2 cups prickly pear cactus fruit juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 box powdered pectin
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a 2- or 3-quart glass measure or casserole, combine cactus juice and pectin.
Stir until pectin is dissolved. Cook on high, uncovered, for 7 to 14 minutes or
until boiling, stirring every 3 minutes. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice. Gradually stir in sugar until blended. Cook on high for 5 to
7 minutes or until mixture returns to a boil. Stir every 2 minutes to prevent a
boil-over. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Skim foam from top.
- Pour into hot sterilized 1/2 pint jars.
- Cover with hot sterilized lids and screw bands. Invert jar and quickly return
to upright position.
Yield: 6 cups jelly
If you pick your own fruit and make the juice, the cost can be approximately
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes