- 1 small navel orange
- 1 small lemon
- 8 cups finely diced unpeeled apples
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups seedless raisins
- 1 cup mixed diced candied fruits
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/4 cups brandy
- Quarter and seed orange and lemon. Grind in food grinder or food processor fitted
with a steel blade.
- In Dutch oven combine ground orange and lemon, apples, raisins, candied fruits
and orange juice. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, spices and salt. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of brandy. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick like
jam about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining brandy.
- Store covered in refrigerator up to 2 months.