This is very nice to serve with lamb.
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh mint, washed
- 3 1/4 cups water
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box Sure-Jell
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Crush mint leaves and stems. Add water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover
and let stand 10 minutes.
- Strain and measure 3 cups of mint infusion.
- Add food coloring and lemon juice.
- Add Sure-Jell, dissolve and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add sugar. Cook fast, stirring occasionally until it comes to a rapid boil that
cannot be stirred down; then cook 1 minute more.
- Pour into sterilized jelly glasses and seal.
Yield: 6 half pints