No-Cook Strawberry Butter
- 1 quart fully ripe strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pouch Certo Fruit Pectin
- Stem strawberries and place 1 cup at a time in container of food processor with
cutting blade. Cover container, and turn on and off 2 or 3 times until fruit is
chopped. Do not puree.
- Measure 2 cups into large bowl. Add lemon rind and nutmeg. Thoroughly mix sugar
into fruit; let stand 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to pectin in a small bowl; stir into fruit. Continue stirring
3 minutes. (A few sugar crystals will remain.)
- Quickly ladle into scalded containers, filling to within 1/2 inch of top. Cover
at once with tight lids.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours, then store in freezer.
- Small amounts may be covered and stored in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.