One Hour Apple Butter
- 1 gallon applesauce
- 1 box Sure-Jell
- 2 pounds granulated sugar (more if apples are sour)
- 1 bag cinnamon red hots
- Several drops red food color
- Bring applesauce to boil, then add remaining ingredients. If not spicy enough,
add a few drops of cinnamon oil from the drugstore. Cook for 1 hour.
- Can use blender on applesauce before heating as it makes it more smooth.
- Pack into scalded jars while very hot. Seal.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes