Orange Jalapeno Jelly
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 to 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, drained well
- 5 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 (3 ounce) packages liquid fruit pectin
- Combine all ingredients except pectin in large kettle or Dutch oven. Stir well.
Bring to a hard rolling boil, and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Skim foam from top with metal spoon.
- Add pectin and stir well.
- Quickly ladle into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
Wipe rims of jars with damp cloth; cover at once with metal lids and screw bands;
- Process filled jars in hot water bath, or refrigerate immediately after cooling.
Turn jars frequently during cooling to distribute pepper evenly throughout jelly.
Yield: 6 half-pint jars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes