Papaya Peach Preserves
- 3 1/2 cups thinly sliced, pitted, peeled peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups 3/4-inch cubed, seeded, peeled papayas (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (6-inch) vanilla bean
- 1 package pectin
- 5 cup granulated sugar
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine peaches, papayas, lemon juice, water and vanilla bean in a large saucepot.
Simmer mixture 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pectin; bring to
a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Remove vanilla bean. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot preserves
into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rim clean. Screw band down evenly
and firmly just until a point of resistance is met - fingertip tight.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Yield: about six 8-ounce jars
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes