- 3 quarts peeled, chopped ripe peaches (about 2 dozen)
- 6 pears, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 3 or 4 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 or 5 tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 heaping tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 (9 ounce) box raisins
- 2 pounds (4 cups) brown sugar
- 4 pounds (8 cups) granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine all ingredients except sugars in large kettle and simmer for 3 to 4 hours,
stirring occasionally until mixture is quite thick. Add brown sugar and granulated
sugar and simmer another 30 minutes.
- Fills about 30 half-pint jars.
- Seal lids in hot water bath for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes