- 1 small orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pounds peaches
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- Cut orange and lemon in quarters; remove seeds. Slice orange and lemon quarters
crosswise in very thin slices.
- In medium saucepan combine fruit slices and water. Cover and simmer the orange
and lemon mixture for 20 minutes.
- Peel, pit, and finely chop peaches.
- In 8- to 10- quart kettle or Dutch oven combine orange and lemon mixture and
chopped or ground peaches.
- Stir pectin into fruit mixture and bring mixture to full rolling boil. Stir in
sugar; bring again to full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard, uncovered,
- Remove from heat; quickly skim off foam. Pour at once into hot sterilized jars;
Makes 7 or 8 half-pints.
Source: Georgia Peach Commission
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes