Peach Rum Preserves
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups scalded, peeled, finely chopped peaches
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) envelope powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup light rum
- Combine peaches and fruit pectin in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Place over
high heat and bring to a full, rolling boil, stirring constantly. Immediately add
all the sugar and stir again, bring to a full, rolling boil while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in rum. Skim off foam.
- Continue to stir and skim for 5 minutes to cool the mixture slightly and keep
the fruit well-distributed.
- Ladle into hot, scalded jars.
- Seal at once.
Yield: 6 half-pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes