Peach Tea Jelly
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 tea bags, peach flavored
- 1 cup unsweetened white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package Ball 100% Natural Fruit Jell Pectin
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare Ball and Kerr jars and closures according to instructions found in Canning
- Combine water and peach flavored tea bags in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil;
boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and measure 2 cups tea. Place tea in a 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
Add white grape juice and lemon juice. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to
a full boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add entire measure of sugar, stirring
to dissolve. Return mixture to a full, rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rim and threads
of jar with a clean damp cloth. Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass.
Screw band down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met-fingertip
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Yield: about 4 half-pints
For altitude adjustment, increase processing as indicated below.
1,001 - 3,000 ft....5 minutes
3,001 - 6,000 ft...10 minutes
6,001 - 8,000 ft...15 minutes
8,001 - 10,000 ft...20 minutes
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes